Saturday, September 19, 2009

Propecia

As you noted from my previous posts, my hair loss started at the age of 17. I used to surf on the net, so I can find a solution. Then at the age of 21 I finally visited a dermatologist. The dermatologist gave me 3 options to deal with hair loss. They were:
1) Propecia
2) Rogain
3) Hair Transplant




He said Propecia would be the best option for me. At that time I was experiencing hair loss in the frontal portion of my head. I asked him if Propecia would help recover my hair line. He replied by saying that it wouldn't, and that I would only need to take it for 1 year. Propecia only helps was hair loss in the bald spot area at the back. The dermatologist told me that Propecia has a low level of side effects so he wouldn't have to take a blood test. On top of that I was told that I would have a temporary side effect which would give me a libido loss. At that point I began to get scared. I was 21 and I was expected to take this medicine for year. A man in his 20's has a very high sexual drive, and if one blocks it at this age, the opportunity to enjoy that high drive would never occur again in the future. Sure you can have sex at 30, but it won't be the same as when you were in your teens or 20's. Next the dermatologist lied to me. He told me that I would only have to take Propecia for 1 year. Propecia is pill where you have to be committed to it for a life time. Therefore, in the end I decided to accept my hair loss.

Hair Transplant was another option. However, at that time he told me that it would cost me $10,000. Also, his version of hair transplant only dealt with the top portion of the hair. I was only 21, and most doctors give their patients a transplant at least by age of 30. Well in the end, visiting a dermatologist was useless. When it comes to hair loss these dermatologist don't have any more knowledge then what you can find on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment